Since resigning from my current workplace, I’ve been thinking about the attributes I’d like to see in my next one. Here are my thoughts:
- Meaningful work. Helping people and changing the world for the better in some small way.
- Leaders who are ethical. Not people just out to make a buck. Idealists who have a vision for making humanity better. Someone who leads from the front. Someone who is a part of the team instead of some elitist-untouchable. Someone who listens to ideas from even the most junior employees.
- Freedom to work how you want to work, when you want to work and from where you want to work.
- Trusted to do the right thing.
- Being part of a great hard-working team that focuses on delivering quality products or outcomes.
- Real work/life balance.
- Having learning and doing culture.
- Active in the community, be it charities, open source, hosting meet ups etc. Giving back somehow.